Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 17! Zumba Class - Walking! Still Hanging In There!

It makes my day when I get a surprise visit from my grandsons, but sometimes this one in the picture at 18 months can be a challenge.  He knows he can take advantage of grandma's weakness, kindness, love or whatever you want to call it.  He sneaks a bag of cookies from the kitchen pantry and when I find him in the living room eating them, "Give it to grandma!" I demand.  He licks his tongue out at me with the cutest smile I've ever seen!  What was I supposed to do?  All I could do was grab my handy dandy camera and take his picture.  Children are so much fun to watch and entertain because you never know what to expect.  On a hot day last week, I decided to take him along in his stroller so I pulled off his shoes and socks, gave him a bottle of water and a few snacks to enjoy during his ride and the next thing I know he is snoring really, really loud.  I locked the wheels on the stroller and just stood there looking down at him with his legs propped up on the side of stroller, praying that throughout his life there would be lots of days like this, so relaxed, so trusting, so loved.  Thank You God.
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” - Psalm 139:13-14

Week 16 ended with a very nice Mother's Day luncheon with my favorite daughter.  I went to my Zumba class or walked every day during the week and must say that I feel wonderful.  Looking forward to my first marathon in October.  Please keep the encouraging e-mails and phone calls coming.  Again, thanks to all of you for your support.  Love To All.

No comments: