Monday, March 21, 2011

Zumba! Beginning of Week 10 Celebrate Living Dancing to Zumba!

These two little boys are watching Grandma Zumba!?  A great way to start week 10 with an upbeat attitude to compensate for the downbeat attitude I'm feeling today after watching the stormy weather yesterday during the notorious LA Marathon with 26,000+ people crossing the starting line in the rain(whew!).   And the September 2011 Disney Half Marathon that I was training for has SOLD OUT!   About two weeks ago I was introduced to Zumba by my daughter Tasha and dancing for my health looks much more inviting now in lieu of a marathon.  My grandsons look fascinated watching grandma Zumba and I see a little doubt in both faces when I look closer, like, "Do you think grandma is OK?"  Starting week 10 dancing Zumba is fun since it rained most of the day today and I haven't gotten brave enough to walk in this kind of weather yet.   So, all I wanted to do was Zumba, Zumba, Zumba and have fun making miniatures.  Of course, I love having my boys over for the weekend and when they went home yesterday I missed them to the max.  They are so much more fun now that I'm dancing and walking my way to better health and feeling great!  What a way to end Week 9 and start 10!  Zumba with my boys while looking outside at the pouring rain!  Thank God that when one door closes another one opens and all we have to do is have faith and ask.  How simple.  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  Matthew 7:6-8

Yes, faith: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4 

I memorized the above Scriptures when I was a child and as an 11 year breast cancer survivor, heading to age 62 in a couple of weeks,  I've repeated them over and over during my walks through the valley of the shadow of death and they are very comforting.  Lets pray for all the people in our World.  Pray that we can all find comfort in whatever valley we are walking through today, tomorrow and forever.  Thank you!

Again, thanks to all of you for your e-mails and words of encouragement as I continue on my journey to Celebrate Living.  Please keep them coming.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

The boys do look curious. If I know you, you are really workin' the Zumba moves. I love it and I am now addicted. What a fun way to exercise.

~your Zumba buddie!