Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Leaving My Husband For Chicago Tomorrow! Still Celebrating!

First time attending this event and I am going with my Miniature friend!  Yes, I have my miniature friends, my Church friends, my lunch friends, my sick friends, my breast cancer friends and lots of brand new blogger friends!  Cannot believe all the people that are celebrating life with me this month.  Thank you for all of your wonderful comments.  Some make me laugh, some make me feel my spirit to the core and some encourage me to do better at what I do best.  Thank you! Thanks to those of you for sharing my give-a-ways with your friends by posting my dresses on your blogs.


Bye-Bye!

I'm leaving my husband at home!  We spend all day everyday doing things together and sometimes with the grandsons and I love it.  So instead of packing my bags for the weekend, I'm so nervous about waving goodbye and saying, "See you later," that I am going to end up leaving without luggage.  That's okay, I'll just take empty luggage and fill it up at the show during the next few days.  My husband is nervous too because he doesn't know what to do without me.  Ha! Ha!  He has been celebrating life with me for a long time.  When he lost his long-time "safe" job over two years ago and forced to retire, it was so sudden, we just sat and looked at one another for a few days wondering what to do.  Then, we thanked God for the opportunity to spend time together and with our grandsons. "Thank you Lord, it has been our pleasure."

Last week at Los Angeles Zoo and a day at Legoland with grandsons was the highlight of the week!  Now I'm off to Chicago!  Great to be born in April.  Got my taxes done on time too.  Time to pack!

During the next few days I will be checking and posting comments while at the show so please keep them coming.  The hat for April is filling up!  I may get some new ideas from the show, make something for a Mother's Day give-a-way.  No, I did not think of this before writing this blog, but why not?  Leave a comment for this blog and lets do a Mother's Day give-a-way!  Don't know what it will be, but it will be good.  Just add a comment to this blog after joining and your name is in the hat for the Mother's Day drawing on Mother's Day!  Easy.  Not a mother?  Don't worry, the drawing is open to everyone.  You are a living being and that is what matters most of all!

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Genesis 2:6-8

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.
  Love and Hugs to All. 

6 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Have a great time in Chicago, Felma! It's gonna be awesome!!! :-) Jennifer

Audra said...

Excited for you! Take lots of pics! I know a couple other miniaturist that are going also. Maybe next year I can go and window shop!

Throw my name in your hat for the giveaway!

Thanks

Audra

Tarnished Rose said...

Oh, I am soooo jealous! You are getting to go to Chicago.....I had so much fun when I went several years ago. Have a wonderful time!

Smiles~
Marilyn

Musikalisch said...

Have an absolutely wonderful time! I love your dresses, thinking about trying my hand at a miniature gown. I may reduce some of my old Barbie gown patterns and see what happens.

Neomig said...

your costumes are amazing!!!!
Neomi (from the Holly Land)

My Journey To Celebrating Life said...

Angie, it was Wonderful meeting you at the show also. Congratulations on your five years as a survivor. Thank you for the inspiring comment. Please look me up when you visit. Love & Hugs, Felma